Fantastic Results at the IWSC 2023 in Margaret River
We are very excited to announce that Fogarty Wine Group has received some fantastic results at the International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC) in Margaret River this week, with two Gold Medals and seven Silver Medals.
For the first time in the history of the IWSC, international and local judges travelled to Margaret River for an ‘in situ’ tasting process. Master of Wine Alistair Cooper oversaw the judging panels, which included international and local experts.
Following the tasting, the judges spoke highly of the quality of the wines tasted, noting that the bar had been raised very high with over 250 wines submitted into this year's international challenge. The judges commented that they were "very impressed by the quality of Margaret River wines which showed complexity and represented a variety of styles while maintaining a distinctive regional character."
Out of only 20 Gold Medals awarded this year, 11 were awarded to Chardonnays and 10 to Cabernet Sauvignons. We are very pleased to have received two Gold Medals for the Evans & Tate 2019 Redbrook Reserve Chardonnay and the Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Estate Cabernet Merlot (not yet released, shop the 2019 here).
Congratulations to Chief Winemaker Julian Langworthy, Evans & Tate Senior Winemaker Matt Byrne, Millbrook Winemaker Emma Gillespie and all the winemaking and viticultural teams on these terrific results.
- Evans & Tate 2019 Redbrook Reserve Chardonnay
- Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Estate Cabernet Merlot (not yet released)
- Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay (pre-release)
- Evans & Tate 2018 Redbrook Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Millbrook Winery 2022 Grenache Shiraz Mourvèdre
- Evans & Tate 2019 Redbrook Estate Shiraz
- Deep Woods Estate 2022 Reserve Chardonnay
- Evans & Tate 2019 Single Vineyard Chardonnay
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Single Vineyard Cabernet Malbec
Full results can be viewed online here.