3 Trophies at the Wine Show of Western Australia 2023
The Wine Show of Western Australia 2023 results were announced on Friday evening with Fogarty Wine Group wines being awarded three Trophies and eight Gold Medals.
In a fantastic result, Millbrook Winery received two trophies: the 2023 Regional Sauvignon Blanc was awarded the Trophy for Best Sauvignon Blanc, and the 2023 Regional Rosé was awarded the Trophy for Best Rosé. Be sure to sign up to our mailing list here to be the first to find out when these new vintages will be released.
The Evans & Tate 2022 Single Vineyard Malbec was awarded the Trophy for Best Other Red Varietal. Show judges said: "Purity of fruit coupled with appropriate use of oak gave energy alongside varietal definition."
The gold medal winning wines are:
- 2022 Evans & Tate Redbrook Estate Chardonnay (not yet released)
- 2021 Evans & Tate Redbrook Estate Chardonnay (vertical pack)
- 2023 Evans & Tate Expressions Fresh as a Daisy Semillon Sauvignon Blanc (not yet released)
- 2022 Evans & Tate Single Vineyard Malbec
- 2019 Evans & Tate Redbrook Estate Shiraz
- 2023 Millbrook Winery Regional Fiano
- 2023 Millbrook Winery Regional Rose (not yet released)
- 2023 Millbrook Winery Regional Sauvignon Blanc (not yet released)
The Wine Show of Western Australia is one of Australia’s most respected wine shows. It is the state’s premier wine show, judging Western Australian wines exclusively and providing wine enthusiasts with the best of the best in Western Australia’s wines.
Congratulations to Evans & Tate Senior Winemaker Matt Byrne, Evans & Tate Winemaker Feleasha Prendergast, Millbrook Winemaker Emma Gillespie, Chief Viticulturist John Fogarty and all of the winemaking and viticultural teams on these awesome results.
Full show results can be viewed here. Please note that trophy winners were announced on the Wine Show of Western Australia Instagram.