7 Trophies and 8 Gold Medals at the Margaret River Wine Show 2022
We are incredibly proud to announce that Fogarty Wine Group was awarded 7 Trophies and 8 Gold Medals on Friday afternoon at the Margaret River Wine Show 2022.
Deep Woods Estate was awarded an absolutely outstanding 6 Trophies:
- Langton’s Trophy for Wine of Show – 2020 Single Vineyard G2 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Margaret River Wagyu Trophy for Red Wine of Show – 2020 Single Vineyard G2 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tonnellerie de Mercurey Trophy for Best Single Vineyard Red – 2020 Single Vineyard G2 Cabernet Sauvignon
- City of Bussleton Trophy for Best Cabernet Sauvignon – 2020 Single Vineyard G2 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Langton’s Trophy for Wine of Provenance – 2021, 2016, 2013 Reserve Chardonnay
- Vinline Mobile Bottling Trophy for Most Successful Exhibitor – Deep Woods Estate
Evans & Tate also took home the Margaret River Wine Association International Judge’s Trophy for the 2020 Redbrook Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot.
Established in 2002, the Margaret River Wine Show has grown to become the most important local industry event of the year, showcasing some of the best examples of Margaret River Wine. This year's show saw 665 wines from 92 local wineries take part.
Speaking on these amazing results, Deep Woods Estate Chief Winemaker Julian Langworthy said: "A tour de force at our local show couldn't be a sweeter prize for all of us at Deep Woods Estate. These awards reflect the team's commitment to quality at every stage of the winemaking process and our dedication to showcasing Margaret River fruit."
The Group was also awarded 8 Gold Medals across Deep Woods Estate and Evans & Tate:
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Single Vineyard G2 Cabernet Sauvignon (Top Gold)
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Deep Woods Estate 2020 Cabernet Merlot
- Deep Woods Estate 2021 Single Vineyard Chardonnay
- Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot
- Evans & Tate 2019 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay
- Evans & Tate 2019 Single Vineyard Chardonnay
- Evans & Tate 2022 Wild Cape Sauvignon Blanc
This is an outstanding achievement, and we are extremely proud of Deep Woods Estate Chief Winemaker Julian Langworthy, Evans & Tate Senior Winemaker Matt Byrne and all of the winemaking and vineyard teams.
Sign up as an FWG member now to receive first access to the launch of the Deep Woods Estate 2020 G2 Cabernet Sauvignon. Produced in very limited quantities, the official release will be happening in the next 48 hours, so be sure to get your allocation as soon as you can!
To shop all Deep Woods Estate wines, click here.
To shop all Evans & Tate wines, click here.