2 Trophies & 4 Gold Medals at the James Halliday Australian Chardonnay & Cabernet Challenge 2023
We are thrilled to announce that our wines received 2 Trophies and 4 Gold Medals at the James Halliday Australian Chardonnay & Cabernet Challenge 2023 yesterday.
The highly awarded Evans & Tate 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay was crowned Best Australian Chardonnay (Trophy) with 97 points and Top Gold, and also took out the Trophy for Best Margaret River Chardonnay. This incredible result follows a huge win at the Sydney Royal Wine Show last month, where the 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay won 3 trophies for Best Wine of Show, Best White, and Best Chardonnay.
We have a small amount of the 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay available to purchase in a mixed vertical 6-pack alongside 2 other award-winning Redbrook Estate Chardonnay vintages: the 2020 and 2019. These 3 wines have won a combined total of 6 Trophies and 12 Gold Medals across some of the most prestigious wine competitions in Australia. This pack* includes:
- 2 x Evans & Tate 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay
- 2 x Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay
- 2 x Evans & Tate 2019 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay
Shop this award-winning vertical pack here. Plus, to celebrate this win, all orders of this vertical pack will go in the draw to win a magnum of the 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay!
The Deep Woods Estate 2022 Reserve Chardonnay, Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Reserve Chardonnay and Evans & Tate 2022 Redbrook Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon were also awarded Gold Medals and 95 points each.
The James Halliday Australian Chardonnay and Cabernet Challenge is a celebration of the world’s most popular two varieties and Australia’s outstanding regional diversity. This year over 615 wines from around the country were judged. In an epic win, Margaret River wines won both the overall Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon Trophies, once again showing the consistently high quality of wines being produced from this tiny Western Australian wine region.
A huge congratulations to Evans & Tate Senior Winemaker Matt Byne, Evans & Tate Winemaker Feleasha Prendergast, Fogarty Wine Group Chief Winemaker Julian Langworthy and all of the winemaking and viticultural teams on these fantastic results.
- Evans & Tate 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay – Trophy for Best Australian Chardonnay & Regional Trophy for Best Margaret River Chardonnay
- Evans & Tate 2021 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay – Top Gold, 97 Points
- Deep Woods Estate 2022 Reserve Chardonnay – 95 Points
- Evans & Tate 2020 Redbrook Estate Chardonnay – 95 Points
- Evans & Tate 2022 Redbrook Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon – 95 Points (not yet released)
*Please note these wines will be shipped from 18 September 2023.